Getting to Bwindi forest national park
Bwindi forest national park can be accessed via the Masaka Mbarara road about a 6-8 hours drive From queen Elizabeth national park, Bwindi is only a 2-3 hours drive and from Kabale town, you drive down southwards for only 1-2 hours. All these routes bring you to butogota only 17 kilometers from the buhoma entrance gate.
For the flying options, you can kick off from either Entebbe international airport or close to Kampala at kajansi airfields up to Kisoro at nyakabande airstrip.
The park’s northern part has got three airfields at kihiihi and kayonza. When it comes to the southern area of Bwindi forest national park we have mishaya, nkuringo, and nshongi airstrips.
some of the route to Bwindi include
- queen Elizabeth national park (mweya) to kihiihi to buhoma trailhead
- kampala to kabale to Kanungu to buhoma trailhead
- kampala to ntungamo torukungiri to kihiihi to buhoma trailhead
- kampala to kabale to ruhija to buhoma sector
- kampala to kabale to nkuringo trailhead