Gorillas and Masai Mara; The Most Adventurous Experience In Africa These gorillas and Masai Mara…
Packing List For Tracking Gorillas In Uganda And Rwanda
Have you booked your gorilla trekking safari and are wondering what to pack for your gorilla trek? Here is the list of things to carry for your gorilla trekking safari in Uganda or Rwanda
What to pack for a Gorilla Trek
- Wear long sleeved blouse(ladies) & long sleeved shirts (men)/Trousers. These can be in materials of either Khaki zip –up trousers or jeans and better off if you can get waterproof trousers.
- A Rain Jacket. Wear light weight and water proof hiking boots to avoid sliding off when the trails become slippery especially when it does rain, the boots should be comfortable, wear in good & thick socks for you, rubber boots or gum boots.
- Wear Water proof sturdy boots. Wear light weight and water proof hiking boots to avoid sliding off when the trails become slippery especially when it does rain, the boots should be comfortable, wear in good & thick socks for you, rubber boots or gum boots.
- Sturdy Gardening Gloves. Remember when moving it can tend to be slippery so you are forced to touch or get hold on something in the forest just in case such happens, so there itching plants, trees or even climbing trees-you may be harmed but to avoid that wear gloves.
- Hat and Sun Glasses. Sun glasses with ultraviolet rays’ filter are advisable to protect your eyes against ultraviolet rays. And just in case one set of glasses falls off please move with at least 2sets.
- Pair of Binoculars. You are advised to carry a pair of binoculars to enable you view a lot of other various plants and simple animal species within the National park
- Cameras, Extra Batteries, Flash light. Charge your batteries early and very well but of course carry some extra batteries, since photography is a paramount component in adventure /touring/trekking you will have to take a lot of photographs with the 1hr inclusive when with the Gorillas. Flash light is also needed for purposes of taking photos at night in the dark during night game drives.
- Tracking Poles. These poles will enable you balance when moving on a steep ground within the forests. Sometimes the guides may provide for you or you can get them still from the campsites.
- Energy giving Snacks. Tracking seems to take long hours and you might get hungry and thirsty, so these light snacks can help out